Not only the economy that needs major attention, India has to deal with with ever ambitious China , our foreign trade, role In ASEAN, What will QUAD achieve among host of other tricky issues, that will require a tough balancing act on India’s part in the long run.
1. What is the current status of our foreign trade and trade balance? It is reported that our exports and imports have fallen in 20-21 by $ 50 billion and $150 billion respectively. What are the reasons for this?
2. It is reported that we have an adverse trade balance with China, our biggest trade partner with a trade of US$ 77b What are our major exports to and imports from China?
3. What are the strategic implications of this trade for Sino Indian relations, “stand off” in East Ladakh border and the emerging QUAD?
4. What is crypto currency and what are its prospects?
5. What is the economic significance of recent inauguration of the ” Maitri ‘Friendship bridge providing Road connectivity between Tripura/ North East and Chittagong Port of BD by the PM Modi for Indo BD ; 5a doesn’t it reduce the importance of Kaladan multi nodal connectivity project under the “Act East” initiative?
6. What is our trade with ASEAN and prospects for for growth?
7. What are the advantages of the Free Trade Agreement signed with Mauritius recently ?
8. What are the main features of the “National Infrastructural Pipe line’ Initiative for which the Government reportedly plans to invest Rs 102 lakh crore between 2019- 2024. What are the possible sources of this investment?
9. What has been the progress of Implementation of ” disinvestment” policy and proceeds from sale of public sector enterprises and assets so far?
10. What is your view on the statement that the ” estimated proceeds from disinvestment is too puny a sum” to finance the Infrastructural investments planned.?