Protesters against the CAA who were sitting at Shaheen Bagh for the last three months were finally vacated by the Delhi Police amid coronavirus outbreak on Tuesday morning, officials said.
— ANI (@ANI) March 24, 2020
Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast) R P Meena said people at the protest venue in Shaheen Bagh were requested to vacate the site as lockdown has been imposed due to coronavirus outbreak.
The Kalindi Kunj road, which had been closed for traffic for three months, will reportedly be opened soon amid the lockdown in the national capital.
The crowd at the usually bustling tent had been scaled down to five protesters on Sunday following the call for Janata Curfew to arrest the spread of coronavirus. Sanitisers and masks had been arranged in enough numbers, and the protest site was being disinfected at regular intervals, a protester said reported News 18 .