Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the full Budget of the Modi 2.0 . It is her second .Here are the highlights of her speech in parliament :
With renewed vigour, under PM’s leadership, we commit ourselves to present the people of India with all humility and dedication. People have reposed faith in our economic policy.
Here are the highlights of the speech in parliament :
1.Committed to serve the people of India. People have given us their janaadesh. This is the budget to boost their income and enhance purchasing power.
2 . Our people should be gainfully employed, our businesses should be healthy, for all minorities, women and people from SCs and STs, this Budget aims to fulfill their aspirations
3. Hails GST : GST has resulted in efficiency gains in transport and logistics sector, inspector raj has vanished, it has benefitted MSME. Consumers have got an annual benefit of 1 lakh crore rupees by GST.
4 . Hails Late Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Visionary For GST : I pay homage to visionary leader the late Arun Jaitley, the chief architect of Goods and Services Tax. GST has been the most historic of the structural reforms. GST has been gradually maturing into a tax that has integrated the country economically.
5. This Budget has 3 streams: 1. Aspirational India 2. Economic development for all 3. A caring society.
6. Farmer’s income : Committed to doubling farmers income by 2022.
7. We have insured 6.11 crore farmers under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna.
8. Farm markets need to be liberalised, farming need to be made more competitive, handholding of farm-based activities need to be provided, sustainable cropping patterns and more tech needed.
9. Water Street Districts : Our government is proposing comprehensive measures for 100 water-stressed districts in the country.
10. Solar Pumps : 20 lakh farmers to be provided funds for setting up standalone solar pumps. Govt proposes 16-point action plan to boost agriculture and farmers welfare.
11. Central Debt : Central government’s debt has come down to 48.7% in March 2019 from 52.2% in March 2014
12. Kisan Rai : To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables, Indian Railways will set up Kisan Rail through PPP model so that perishable goods can be transported quickly. Krishi Udaan will be launched by MoCA on international and national routes.
13. My Budget 2020 is woven around three themes- aspirational India to boost the standard of living; economic development for all; and building a humane and compassionate society.
14 . For sector comprising agriculture, allied activities, irrigation and rural development, an allocation of Rs 2.83 lakh crores has been made for 2020-21
15 : For sector comprising agriculture, allied activities, irrigation and rural development, an allocation of Rs 2.83 lakh crores has been made for 2020-21. Village storage schemes run by self help groups, will provide holding capacity for farmers, so women in villages can regain their status as ‘Dhaanya Lakshmi’.
16.Combating TB Anti-TB campaign to be launched to eliminate TB by 2025. Viability gap funding for setting up hospitals in those districts with no empanelled hospitals under Ayushman Bharat.
There is a shortage of qualified medical doctors both general practitioners and specialists; it is proposed to attach a medical college to a district hospital in PPP mode; details of the scheme to be worked out soon.
17 . Swachh Bharat Mission : Allocation of Rs 12,300 crores for Swachh Bharat Mission for year 2020-21.
18 . FDI In Education : Centre to announce new education policy soon; government received over 2 lakh suggestions on it. Steps to be taken to attract external commercial borrowing, FDI in education sector.
19. Setting Up Investment Clearance Cell : Entrepreneurship is the strength of India. I propose to set up an investment clearance cell that will provide end to end facilitation and support, including pre-investment advisory, info on land banks and facilitate clearance at state level.
20 . Jal Jeevan Mission : Rs 3.6 lakh crore for Jal Jeevan Mission has been approved. The project will look at augmenting local water ressouces, desalination, water harvesting and renewing older sources in FY21.