Home / National / With An Authentic Video Release, Government To Celebrate Second Anniversary Of 2016 Surgical Strikes

With An Authentic Video Release, Government To Celebrate Second Anniversary Of 2016 Surgical Strikes

File Picture
File Picture

A day ahead of the second anniversary of the 2016 surgical strikes , the government has released a fresh video the strikes on terror launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

It may be recalled that the surgical strikes were announced by Lt Gen Ranbir Singh, the then Director General Military Operations (DGMO)  on September 29, 2016. He was the officer who briefed the media about the operations.

The video of the surgical strikes is authentic, an Information and Broadcasting Ministry official said. The fresh video comes amid the government’s plans to celebrate the second anniversary of the strikes in a big way.

The clip, which was made using overhead footage from unmanned aerial vehicles or UAVs and thermal imaging, shows a terror launch pad being destroyed.

In June this year, several TV channels showed purported video clips of the surgical strikes.

On 29 September, 2016, the Indian Army carried out surgical strikes on seven terrorist launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) as a response to an attack on its base in Uri earlier that month.

The Army had said its special forces inflicted “significant casualties” on terrorists waiting there to cross into Indian territory.

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced last week that various events will be held from 28 to 30 September to commemorate the valour of soldiers.

About Impactnews Desk

Check Also

Picture Courtesy : DNA India

India Exercising Great Restraint In Dealing With Terror From Across The Border – Nirmala Sitharaman

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has said the presence of terror infrastructure and state support to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *